Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Traveling buddy!

We gained a traveling buddy on day two – her name is Claire. She stayed at the same guesthouse we did, and we made a perfect match to go around Delhi together. A friend of hers just got married here in India, so she came to attend. Since she’s doing TFA, she has summer break and gets to stay in India a while. It’s always more fun to have people to share experiences with, and Claire was a great companion. Also, it made it very convenient to get pictures with both of us together.

Of course we visited some great tourist spots – Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar, and an almost-empty public park with tombs and ruins scattered throughout. 

Lotus temple was especially interesting to me because it was a Baha’i place of worship. I can’t remember ever studying about the Baha’i faith before, but it was really interesting. From the little I understand, they believe all faiths are different paths to one great truth, and they read from several books of scripture during the short fifteen minute service we attended. There was also some beautiful singing by an Indian woman, and the acoustics were really neat – she sounded like multiple people as her echoes cradled her voice.

We ended the day (as all days here in Delhi) very exhausted, and we fall asleep early. The 115 degree weather really sucks it out of you. But boy, do I sleep well!

Here are some pictures! I'm having a difficult time loading them, and they look super huge when I uploaded them, so I had to make them smaller. I hope they are still big enough for everyone to see (at this point, I can't tell).

No comments:

Post a Comment